Every year Maynooth holds a Programmathon in the Department of Computer Science. This is an end of year event where groups of students in the department come together to battle it out over programming problems. The event was sponsored by Digitary, whose Founder and Executive Chairman Andy Dowling is an alumni of the university.
Twenty five teams took part across all years in a programming competition competing for best team in their category.
Previous winners include:
• 1st Year: Sean Comerford, Lee Laffan and Mark Bolster.
• 2nd Year: David Kerr, Adam West and Darren Watkin.
• 3rd Year: Ruth O' Connor, Dennis Callanan and Mariusz Skoczen.
• 4th Year: Padraic O' Donoghue, Jake McDermott and Deirdre Cleary.
• Postgraduate & Staff: Emlyn Hegarty Kelly, Keith Nolan and Conor Coleman.