Department of Computer Science at Maynooth University runs the Computer Summer Camp for students aged 13-18 years old in June/July every year. It was created to allow students to explore computer science concepts and to try out new technology whilst having fun and making friends. It is a great chance for anyone who is thinking of studying computer science to try it out in a way that is both educational and entertaining. It is also a great opportunity for anyone wanting to try out something new.
The camp assumes no prior experience and will involve activities both on and off the computer that will allow the students to explore a broad range of areas of computer science. Students can sign up for 1, 2 or 3 weeks as each week will be packed full of different activities. Every week we will have a at least one session based around the following theme
Activities planned include:
- Computer programming - get a taste of what is involved in writing your own programs from scratch.
- Music technology - how is music made using synthesizer instruments and computer-based music sequencers. Students will make their own music using these tools.
- Multimedia - use the latest software to create animations with graphics, sound and music.
- GPS - learn about the technology behind satellite navigation and look at some exciting new applications.
- Web-site design - learn how to put together exciting web pages with graphics, sounds etc.
- Computer graphics - how do 3D graphics on games consoles like the XBox work?
- Computer vision and sensors - how do computers see the world? How do movement sensors such as the Wii games console work?
- Robotics - learn how to program simple robots.
Please note this programme may be subject to change.
For booking information click here!
If you have any questions please contact us at:
Phone: 01 708 3847
For information on camps run at Maynooth for younger students please see whizzkids for information on their summer camps.