We invite submissions to IMVIP 2017 of papers presenting novel research contributions or applications related to any aspect of computer vision or image processing. IMVIP is the annual conference of the Irish Pattern Recognition and Classification Society, a member body of the International Association for Pattern Recognition (IAPR). IMVIP 2017 is a single-track conference emphasising both theoretical research results and practical engineering experience. The conference attracts both national and international participation, and provides an excellent forum for networking with academics, companies, researchers and students working in the area. The conference programme will include oral and poster presentations, invited keynote speakers from world leading experts, industry demonstrations, and prizes for both Best Paper and Best Student Paper.
Contributions are sought in all aspects of image processing, pattern analysis and machine vision, including but not restricted to the following topics:
- Data Clustering and Texture Analysis
- Image & Video Representation, Compression and Coding
- Medical and Biomedical Imaging
- Active Vision, Tracking and Motion Analysis
- Object and Event Recognition
- Face and Gesture Recognition
- 2D, 3D Scene Analysis and Visualisation
- Deep Learning for Computer Vision
- Image/Shape Representation and Recovery
- Visually Guided Robot Manipulation and Navigation
- Applications, Architectures and Systems Integration
Final date for electronic submission of full length papers (extended):
12th May 2017. 25th May 2017.
All accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings and will be available online under open access via the Maynooth University eprints archive.
This year we will be awarding a number of student bursaries consisting of a conference registration fee waiver to support student participation in the conference. These bursaries will be awarded on a competitive basis. The eligibility criteria are that applicants must be a full-time or part-time student (confirmed by a letter from their supervisor), and must have a full or short paper accepted at the conference. Details of the application procedure are available by following this link.